Classic Cocktail : Bloody Mary.
One of my favorites things about spring is a good old fashioned brunch. Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day after all.
I love brunch foods, setting the table for brunch, and of course the company of a great group of friends or family. While I love preparing brunch food like biscuits, casseroles, and quiches, a good cocktail at brunch is also a must.
Today I’m sharing a recipe for one of my all-time, classic favorites: The Bloody Mary.
- 2 oz vodka
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 3 drops hot sauce (I use Crystals Hot Sauce)
- 4 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of horseradish
- Salt and pepper to taste (just a dash or two)
- Kosher salt (for the rim)
- 1 lime slice
- Garnish as you wish (ideas : bacon, shrimp, olives, pickled okra or peppers, celery, etc)
How to cook Bloody Mary
- Slide the sliced lime around the rim of each glass to give it a nice coating. Using a plate lined with kosher salt, place the rim of the glass down hard to get it coated with salt. Next, shake all ingredients together, with ice. Using a strainer pour the mixture into your salted glass. Squeeze 1/2 sliced lemon over glass. Garnish with you choosing.
- You can really stay as classic or go as crazy as you’d like for the garnish. Most people like to stick with a celery stalk, a few olives and pickles. But if you feeling adventurous you can try cocktail shrimp, bacon, okra, pickled green beans or those tiny ears of corn, or just about anything else of your choosing.
- I will say, I like a little kick to my Bloody Mary but I can’t do anything too overly spicy. Just like my mom + grandmother, I add a heavy hand of horseradish to mine, with a dash of hot sauce. I use Crystals because it’s that perfect amount of hot sauce flavor without all the heat that tends to go along with it. Perfection!
- I’d love to know what you like to top your Bloody Mary’s with. Let me know in the comments below!
SHOP THE POST:
heirloomed is a lifestyle brand with a mission of "keeping heirlooms around for another generation." Our blog features stories about family recipes, creating traditions with your family, interior design and entertaining by mixing new and vintage pieces, classic style, and small town + historic travel. Our shop features a collection of "goods inspired by the past, for generations to enjoy" with an array of products and meaningful gifts including linen aprons, tabletop linens, art, ceramics and beyond. Learn more at www.heirloomedcollection.com.