Wild Strawberry Shortcake.
Each year during the early Spring we try to make it down to Florida to enjoy the already-warm weather that I oh-so-miss in Atlanta that time of year. We hit up the beach for a day, catch a few Spring Training games and Disney for a day (because, #momlife) but my classic favorites include the Strawberry Festival in Plant City and taking the kids to pick fresh strawberries from the field.
This season I decided to incorporate sprawling springs of fresh mint from my garden (since there is SO much) and the outcome was so beautiful I just had to share. I really hope you’ll give this one a try – trust me, you’ll never go back!
Wild Strawberry Shortcake
- 4 cups Strawberries, washed + quartered
- 1-2 TBSP granulated sugar
- Wash and quarter 4 cups of strawberries. Toss with 1 to 2 TBSP of granulated sugar and set aside.
- 2 1/3 cups Bisquick
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 TBSP granulated sugar
- 3 TBSP melted butter
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. In medium bowl, mix Bisquick, milk, sugar + melted butter until soft dough forms. Grease cookie sheet and drop six equal sized balls of dough. Bake 10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet and serve while warm.
How to cook Wild Strawberry Shortcake
- To serve, place a single shortcake onto plate or bowl, top with two spoonfuls of strawberry topping and a dollop of fresh whipped cream. Garnish with mint, enjoy!
I’d love to know if you gave this recipe a try! For more from our Southern Kitchen Bucket List, click here to see the full list of recipes I’m trying my hand at as part of this challenge. #HEIRLOOMED
SHOP THE POST :
RELATED STORIES :
heirloomed is a lifestyle brand with a mission of "keeping heirlooms around for another generation." Our blog features stories about family recipes, creating traditions with your family, interior design and entertaining by mixing new and vintage pieces, classic style, and small town + historic travel. Our shop features a collection of "goods inspired by the past, for generations to enjoy" with an array of products and meaningful gifts including linen aprons, tabletop linens, art, ceramics and beyond. Learn more at www.heirloomedcollection.com.