I love eating outside in the warm weather. Dining outdoors such a great way to make summer memories with your family and it brings back so many perfect childhood memories. So, I thought I'd share a little checklist with some tips to make your summer al fresco dining the best ever!
1. A sturdy carry-all - Baskets are traditional and can be quaint for an outdoor affair. But don’t limit yourself! Use a backpack for a hiking picnic or fill up your favorite burlap tote for a picnic in the park.
2. Cloth napkins - They are sturdier than paper and won’t blow away. Plus, you just throw them in the laundry instead of the trash.
3. Small cutting board - This is super handy for slicing cheese, fruit, or bread. It’s a great way to serve in a chic rustic style without having to bring extra serving dishes. Plus, it will give your food a little lift off the ground.
4. Hydration - Infuse water with your favorite combination of lemons, fruit, and herbs the night before. The water will be refreshing and delicious and add bright color to your picnic table.
5. Picnic tablecloth - Whether you are dining al fresco on the patio or on the grass in a park, a tablecloth is essential. It keeps dust from getting on your food, provides a serving space on a large blanket, and a nice one just adds that extra touch to make your picnic extra special
6. Keep it simple - Choose foods you love, but don’t cause a fuss; make it easy on yourself. I sway towards making a simple sandwich in advance and wrapping it in brown butcher paper which eliminates the need to bring a plate. Then, I indulge in simple finger foods foods like plump blackberries or vine ripe baby heirlooms that burst in your mouth. Something that is easy and delicious to emphasize a beautiful summery day.
I'm excited to share the launch of our new Picnic Collection. A super lightweight and carefree crinkle cotton that was made for effortless Summer entertaining.
photography : Heidi Geldhauser