These sugared cranberries are the perfect easy recipe for the upcoming Thanksgiving or holiday season, great as a side dish or garnish for your favorite dessert or cocktail,
Cranberries in some form or fashion are a quintessential staple for the Thanksgiving + holiday season. These sugared cranberries are absolutely beautiful, and so simple to make. I’m always looking for effortless ways to entertain + elevate and these certainly fit the bill. They add the perfect festive pop of color to your dessert or baked brie and are a beautiful accompaniment to a holiday cocktail. I just love the combination of the sweet sugar with the tart berries. Sometimes I just end up snacking on them all by themselves.
To see all our Thanksgiving recipes click here.
- 2 cups of fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup water
How to cook Sugared Cranberries
- Bring one cup of the sugar and water to a simmer in a saucepan. Pour into a heat-proof mixing bowl and let the mixture cool for about 15 minutes. Begin to stir in the cranberries, then cover and refrigerate overnight. Stir the mixture a few times to make sure the cranberries are evenly coated in sugar.
- Remove the cranberries using a slotted spoon so that the mixture is left behind. Spread the cranberries across a wire cooling rack on a baking sheet. Using the leftover sugar, start coating the berries, flipping them so that all sides are covered.
- Next, roll the cranberries in a small bowl of sugar to give them an extra coat. The trick is to do multiple small layers so that the sugar does not clump up on the cranberries. Once the berries are coated, place them on the baking sheet and let them dry for about an hour. The sugar coated cranberries can be saved up to 3 day, if placed in an airtight container.
Let me know in the comments your go-to holiday entertaining essential. To read all of our Cranberry recipes click here.
SHOP THIS POST:
heirloomed is a lifestyle brand with a mission of "keeping heirlooms around for another generation." Our blog features stories about family recipes, creating traditions with your family, interior design and entertaining by mixing new and vintage pieces, classic style, and small town + historic travel. Our shop features a collection of "goods inspired by the past, for generations to enjoy" with an array of products and meaningful gifts including linen aprons, tabletop linens, art, ceramics and beyond. Learn more at www.heirloomedcollection.com.